The primary aim of St. Xavier's Patna is to impart sound formation -
religious, mental, moral, social and physical - based on the principles of
Christian Faith to the members of the Christian Community and based
on the principles of human values, to all others admitted to this
institution. Inspired by the motto of the Society of Jesus given by its
founding father St. Ignatius of Loyola - " ad majorem Dei gloriam"
(AMDG), that is, "for the greater glory of God", we the Jesuit Fathers
and Brothers, in collaboration with a competent and dedicated lay staff,
aim at forming the children into men and women of Competence,
Conscience and Compassionate Commitment (four Cs), which are the
4 pillars of the Characteristics of Jesuit Education.
To achieve this aim we have the following objectives:
The boys and girls enrolled at St. Xavier's are expected to develop
the following qualities and skills during the years of their formation:
- An enlightened mind that would strive for excellence in every
sphere with stress on personal development and co-operation
rather than on over-riding others.
- Qualities of leadership through active participation in games and
co-curricular activities, especially social work.
- Eloquence in the art of expression so that they can effectively
communicate the ideas acquired.
- Correct habits of thinking developed by means of personal
experience (learning by doing), observation and judgment, in
study of science, mathematics and languages, etc.
- A character with strong and clear principles by which they will
think and act according to what is right and just.
- An appreciation for manual labour encouraged and directed
through community-oriented projects.
- An appreciation of the rich cultural heritage of our country.
- A spirit of service to their fellow human beings.
- A spirit of tolerance and appreciation that transcends the barriers
of caste, language and religion, which helps to achieve national
- Above all, a loyalty to God and Country.